Wednesday, November 16, 2011

15 Nov

Weight 4 lb. 3 oz.  Thankfully, I'm back up to full feedings and taking full advantage by digesting ALL of it - little or no residuals for me!

Mom came by to visit in the afternoon.  When I heard her talking I opened my eyes and tried to look at her, and even turned my head to follow as she walked around to the other side of the bed (also wanted to show off my neck strength)
My only major issue today was my CPAP - breathing-wise I was doing fine, down to 21% oxygen (room air), but all the CPAP tubing and headgear kept getting screwed up.  When Mom came to visit she thought my face looked squished and puffy so the RRT readjusted my gear and then I looked better.  But by the time Dad came in the evening it was screwy again so they had to RE-readjust it.  Then in just a few minutes my chin strap slid up off my chin and was shoving the tubes too far up my nose, so the nurse had to re-re-readjust the whole setup, which only lasted a few minutes again before the velcro on my right cheek came off and was laying over my eye, so they had to RE-re-re-readjust it.  Finally that last time everything was sorted out but I was sick of everyone messing with my headgear by then!  So after Dad did a quick temperature check and diaper change (I "helped" with the latter by refusing to straighten out my right leg so he could fasten the new diaper - don't want to make it TOO easy) I went right to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment