Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Weight up again:  4 lb. 6.8 oz.
I think that's appropriate for Thanksgiving, right?  As Dad explained it to me, the primary objective of the holiday is to eat so much that your stomach can't fit any more.  If that's the plan, then I did great today!

When Mom and Dad came to visit this afternoon they found out that though I had had a pretty good night, I did have one major brady episode early this morning, and then spit up a lot of my previous feeding.  Because of those incidents they didn't want Mom or Dad to take me out and try bottle or breastfeeding today.  Instead, Mom just visited with me while Dad was feeding Rory.
I woke up enough to say hi to her and show her my eyes, which I know the parents always like:

Mom also changed me - my diaper was still pretty clean, but after the stimulation of being moved around to be changed, that got my digestive tract going on both ends (Nurse Janetta said that's not uncommon since it's some of the same muscle work to put things out the bottom as to push it back up out the top).  So right after Mom got the new diaper on me, I simultaneously did a projectile spitup and a giant poop.  Mom was just glad she had gotten the diaper on in time!

After that major effort I got sleepy.

So I went back to sleep and Mom and Dad went home to have their own Thanksgiving dinner.

What am I thankful for this year?  Well, I got to be born, that's gotta be the biggie, right?  Aside from that, thankful for my family (even Rory, for putting up with all the alarms I set off in our nursery) and for everyone at the hospital who helps take care of me.  I mean, it'd be better if they'd stop messing with me so much, but they do keep me fed, changed, and breathing so I appreciate that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment