Saturday, November 26, 2011

25 November

I'm now six weeks post-birth, or looked at another way only five weeks left till when I was supposed to be born!  Put on a little more weight, I'm up to 4 lb. 8 oz.

Dad asked if I could give him less to transcribe since he has other work to do over the holiday weekend so I'll try to keep things short.  A picture says a thousand words anyway, right?  So I'll just focus on the pictures from today.  Let's see what we've got.

Okay, first here's a few of me sleeping, Mom and Dad thought it was funny how I like to have my arms up.
And of course, after sleeping comes waking up.  I think my expression says it all about how interested in waking up I was:
That was a big yawn, got Dad yawning right along with me.  But after that I was wide awake - at least briefly (see below)....

My adventure for the day was another stab at bottle feeding.  Dad held me this time and I was really excited at the start, but then after I had eaten a little decided that was about as much work as I was ready to put into eating - I still get the food anyway, they just put it through the tube so I don't have to do all the effort myself.  That's what I call living the high life!

In the end I only took about 6 ml of my 42 ml feeding through the bottle, but that was enough to put me right back to sleep.
I did, however, manage to drool about 2 ml of it out of the side of my mouth while Dad was feeding me so I could get it all over his pants.  It's my way of marking my territory - got the shoes a few days ago, the pants today, I'll get a shirt this week and then I'll have a whole outfit "labeled"!
All in all a successful day, wouldn't you say?  After Dad held me awhile they put me back in my crib just in time to spit up all over it.  But I didn't care, just went right back to sleep.

If I can get through the next 24 hours with few or no major brady / apnea spells, they're going to let me try to breastfeed tomorrow.  The doctors also started giving me caffeine again since I had been having a lot of episodes the past couple days - hopefully that won't last too long since even though it helps my breathing it's not helping my reflux and they won't let me take Prilosec or anything like that yet!

TTFN....

No comments:

Post a Comment