Tuesday, December 27, 2011

24-27 December 2011

You'll notice it's been a few days since my last post; you can blame my sister for that, since she's apparently been monopolizing Dad's time at home and hasn't given him a chance to post even though I've been continuing to provide material every day.  I guess that's just the way it'll be now that Rory's home (and can't imagine it'll get much easier once I join her!) :'-(

Speaking of which, unfortunately I still haven't made it home and the doctors aren't sure when I'll be able to leave.  I'm putting on weight and haven't had any bradies in a few days, but still having problems with getting through all my feedings - Mom thinks if I could just make it one entire day where I took all (or even most) of my total food via bottle they might let me go, but so far no dice.

Anyhow, that meant I spent most of Christmas Eve alone in the hospital, but Dad did come and visit.  I was sleepy and a little standoffish (I was annoyed I had to be on my own):

... but then I woke up and we had a nice little visit.  He fed me and I took my whole feeding via bottle - so that's one at least! 

The next day was CHRISTMAS!  Mom came to visit today and as a present I showed her a bunch of expressions:







Then I put my Christmas out fit on one more time.  I don't particularly like it but Mom likes to see me wear it.


Monday after Christmas Dad came back and fed me again.  I didn't take my whole feeding but he held me while the rest of my feeding was gavaged.


I woke up to say goodbye when he put me back....
...then went back to sleep.

On Tuesday Mom and Dad both came to visit, though not quite together (Dad said they were each taking turns watching Rory in the lounge while the other one visited with me).  I was pretty much asleep the whole time.


So that's it for me for the week.  Hopefully more postings in the upcoming week, and hopefully I'll be home soon.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

p.s. - Had meant to post pictures of my new digs since I moved into a single, but forgot to do so the other day.  Here you go:
(that's me in the middle, obviously)


1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for you guys. We know full well the new challenges of having one at home and one still in the hospital. Praying that they will let Ben get home soon. Hoping that if he can go without bradies and continues to gain weight that they will let him go home...sometimes once home, everything falls into place like it should. Love to you all...E

    ReplyDelete