Thursday, December 8, 2011

7 December 2011

Another quiet day in the Special Care Nursery.


I've been taking a bottle roughly every other feeding, and pretty much every time finishing the full 10 ml they're letting me take before doing the rest through my feeding tube.  I usually scarf it down pretty quick - what I'd really like is for them to let me take more than 10 ml in a feeding since I like to taste it!

However, I still haven't quite mastered the art of eating, which is perhaps why they're limiting me.  For instance, Dad came by for my 11 a.m. feeding and gave me my bottle, which I ate all of (other than what dribbled down onto his pants) and then spit some of back out.

I did have the wherewithal to look suitably ashamed about that while getting the rest of my food via gavage:
My work done, I went back to sleep.

Mom came by and visited in the evening, and held me for awhile and sang to me - between her and Dad I'm gonna know a pretty good repertoire of songs by the time I get out of here.  At least Mom has a nicer voice!  In any case I was surprisingly awake for that time of day, so we had a good visit!

Later on, Dad came back and held me while Mom fed Rory.  I got pretty cozy and fell asleep for a long time while we listened to the 2nd half of A Christmas Carol on TV.
 


It was a nice night!

No comments:

Post a Comment