Tuesday, December 6, 2011

6 December 2011

Not much to report from my first full day in the NICU.  I slept most of the day.

Still having some spit-up issues when I drink from the bottle, probably because I can't help but eat too fast when I have the chance to scarf down some food (gotta eat fast since I have places to be and people to see...).  So they've now put me on a 10 ml limit for bottle feedings; I still get my full 45 ml feeding, but at least 35 ml of it has to come through my feeding tube.

Mom and Dad both had to work today but came by after work.  Mom fed me my 10 ml bottle and then put me back in my crib to get the rest of my feeding.  I stayed awake for awhile after that, employing the patented Kerins eyes-wide-open look:


Dad came by shortly after and held me for awhile.  I was a little sleepier when I went back in my crib.

Nothing else to report, a quiet day (and quiet is good in my line of work, that line being "developing and growing")!

No comments:

Post a Comment