Saturday, December 3, 2011

3 December 2011

Weight up again!

That's right, 4 lb. 13.2 oz., not to shabby I think!

I was still in my dog-face hat when Mom and Dad came to visit for my 5:30 feeding, and since I was hiding (so no one would bother me while I was sleeping) it looked like I was just a hat in a bed:
(but I was actually in there)

When the time came, though, I was rested enough to wake up when Mom did my temperature and diaper, and wide awake for her to feed me.


I started with my usual, Kerins-family-in-photo-traditional giant confused-slash-crazy eyes....
... but once I realized it was just Mom settled down, and even gave her a little smile!

I took my bottle in an alternating series of big gulps and long pauses, and got about half of it taken before the nurse suggested that maybe I shouldn't take the whole thing since it was a lot for my stomach to take in that quickly (when I'm fed through my tube, the same feeding goes over 2 hours instead of twenty minutes with the bottle), and that the OT who had been there earlier in the day had intentionally only given me about half through the bottle.

So Mom agreed and stopped feeding me to burp me and, well, let's just say that when you take big gulps a lot of air gets in there, and sometimes when it comes out some milk comes out along with it.  I tried to get Mom's shirt but she was too quick for me and caught it with a spit-up rag.
I quickly turned on the charm - who can get mad at a face like this?  (she's smiling despite just being spit-up on, so you know it was working!)

She held me for about another half hour to let me visit, which was nice since I was wide awake so we actually got to look at each other the whole time.

Finally she put me back to bed...
... and swaddled me all up....
... and then her and Dad wished me good night and headed home for the night.  It was a nice day; I got three bottles and did pretty well with all of them, and had a nice, wide awake visit with Mom and Dad to boot.  Sweet dreams for me now, tomorrow's another big day!  Goal is to get up to 8 bottles per day so I can go home, keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Jess and Mark, They look SO great!!!!! We hope that you both are holding up. We know that this is a crazy ride you are on and just wait until you get them home!:) It will be even crazier for awhile!:) BUT, it is SO fun to watch twins together...it is such a special bond and unique dynamic that not all families get to witness. We know you both know how blessed you are....continuing to lift your precious family up in our prayers!!!! Please don't ever hesitate to call/e-mail about ANYTHING!!!! Love in Him, The Provenzano's

    ReplyDelete